With the themed contests getting kind of boring, I decided to change up the idea. This time, the only theme the levels should have is that they are toad-house-esque. Any form of toad house will be accepted. For example, you could make a challenge house with a powerup reward or make a maze with a prize at certain endpoints. Really, the concept is up to you.
Newer or Original Super Mario Bros Wii levels are accepted. Please do not make any major changes though. Changes that are accepted are...
● Customized Tilesets
● Customized Music/Sounds
● Customized Models
● Customized Backgrounds
Changes that are not accepted are...
● Customized Sprites
If you have a change that isn’t listed here, please comment and ask me whether it is allowed or not.
The following contains the exact system that will be used for scoring. It might look complicated, but reading it is important. Categories for points include concept, bugs, beauty, and bonus.
● Judge’s Decision: 0-4, 0 being terrible concept; 1 being boring concept; 2 being mildly entertaining concept or average concept; 3 being great concept; 4 being better than the judge could have done themselves.
● Reusability: 0-2, 0 being only fun once; 1 being able to be used again; 2 being the level could be present in every world of a hack. If the level concept really should only be used once in a hack, but it has a theme that forces this, then a score of 1 is given.
● Surprise: 0-2, 0 being the concept was obvious; 1 being the concept was interesting, but not surprising; 2 being the concept was outright surprising.
● Whimsicalness: 0-1, 0 being that the concept wasn’t amusing enough to be in a Mario game, 1 being that the concept was amusing enough to be in a Mario game.
● Bug: For each bug found that detracts from the experience, two points are taken away. This can only remove a maximum of 4 points.
● Graphical Glitch: For each graphical glitch or mistake, one point is taken away. This can only remove a maximum of 3 points.
● Concept: If a bug is used in the concept of the level, or doesn’t detract from the experience, a point is added, and no points are taken away. This can only add a maximum of 1 point.
● Judge’s Decision: 0-3, 0 being ugly; 1 being mildly irritating; 2 being average; three being beautiful.
● Theme: 0-2, 0 being the tileset/background didn’t match the theme; 1 being a match, 2 being a really nice fit together. If there is no specific theme to the toad house, one point is awarded.
● Judge’s Decision: If there is something not listed here that the judge deems point-worthy, they can give out 0-2 points, but this can only be used once.
● Map Picture: If a koopatlas doodad or a model is created for the toadhouse, two points are awarded.
● Level Start Picture: If a newer level start picture is created, one point is awarded. If newer is not used, another point is given for doing the map picture bonus.
MAXIMUM OF 20 POINTS
The due date will not be announced yet, because there are a lot of problems we have had with meeting these dates. Please do not work on this with somebody else, because that means less competitors. Once three people are competing in the contest, a due date will be announced, probably about 2 months from now. Good luck!!!
PLEASE REPLY IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING!
I just would like to know who's in.
I'll be judging the contest along with Fruitsmasher.
THE PARTICIPANTS INCLUDE:
Both CLF78 and Vadelma Kisu have decided that they don't have enough time to complete the project. Thankfully, Cloudy Luigi is now thinking about joining!
Nobody felt like joining. Cancelled until further notice.